WELCOME

WELCOME

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

2013 OHIO HIP HOP AWARDS RECAP!!!!!!!

Okkkkk Soooooo when I heard that the 2013 OHHA (Ohio Hip Hop Awards) were going to be in CLEVELAND this year I was excited....but then I was a lil sad, only cuz I had soooo much fun in Columbus last year. I was super stoked that the OHHA would be returning back to my city, but the venue last year was soooo nice I couldn't imagine it being anywhere else. I love CLEVELAND, (*admit it...so do you) but as I drove thru the city I would catch myself looking at different places that had OHHA potential. I finally gave up and decided to just wait and see what the OHHA had come up with. So imagine how surprised I was when I found out that the 2013 OHHA were goin to be held at the friggin STATE THEATER!!!!! Like wtffffffffffff!!!!!!! In case you aren't from CLEVELAND (*which would totally suck, and yes before you even ask...I know BONE) the THEATER DISTRICT is 1 of the country's most famous theater districts ever!!!!! I mean I've seen  numerous Broadway classics (*s/o to my mom for providing me with many diverse cultural experiences). I mean when you drive thru the THEATER DISTRICT you can see the millions of dollars the city has put into revamping and updating the strip. ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!




I must admit... I was a lil skeptical when I heard that this was really about to happen. I mean for the OHHA being able to book the STATE THEATER is a HUGE DEAL!!!! I can't really think of a time when the theater had a full "hip-hop" awards show held inside. The day of the actual awards show I had my media pass hanging from my neck, camera ready, all dat...and as I pushed open the heavy glass doors and walked inside I was thinking "I have a feeling someone is gonna stop me like...heyyyyy you can't be in here". Yet as I turned a corner in a long hallway I saw Zaire waiting for me with the rest of media!!! I looked up to the ceilings and all around the walls....yup...this was mos def the spot!!!! 



















The STATE THEATER reminded me of an old theater , or maybe what the Royal Palace might look like inside. There were 2 huge staircases on both sides , and 2 of the dopest ice sculptors ever leading up to the Media Outlets. I climbed, and climbed and finally reached the top where everyone was posting up. I mean gud lawd, I saw Girl Power Radio, Bru Martin from #Librascale, Spitt Magazine, Hood Illustrated and hella of other media were present. Artists started to stroll in, of course some were "cool late", and some were newbies...1st time nominees who's looked sooooooo excited that it made me happy for them. 

Everyone seemed stoked, and cool at the same time. Ya know people were trying not to look nervous or to pumped. Yet I could see that we were all ready to hear who finally won!!!! Needless to say I snapped hella flicks, and ustreamed the whole red carpet (yeah check it out). Once media started to pack up everyone was ushered into the actual theater. Then.....the 2013 OHHA began to proceed!!!!


Awwwwwwww Sh*t its starting!!!!

Wait...I wonder if I should sit upstairs in the balcony on downstairs

Balcony....I can see everything

Damn...SPITT MAGAZINE is like soooooooo LEGIT

Hmmmmmmm I wonder who's still in the Lobby

J. Graie has legs fo daysssssssssss

I usually like thick girls but J.Graie is so classy and beautiful

Joe Little.....

I wonder how people wear sunglasses in the dark , i can never see sh*t

Fuggggg lolol we are really in the State Theater having a hip hop awards show

*oh....so we FANCY now

Are these seats...velvet

Gud lawd those ice sculptures were dope

Top Of The World is goin hard I see

Media was fun

People look funny in suits if they dont normally wear suits

Dudes look like they work at t-mobile r something

Where all the ladies

I wonder what is going on backstage I see the curtain moving

Awwwww the girls giving out the awards are cute

Uh ohhhhhhhh all white suit I can dig it

Damnnnnn EST is deep

Where's LANTANA

I can't stop saying "1 Time fo tha LANTANA" *it's fun

This is confusing

Wait who's controlling the nominee screen thingy

Oh ok back on track

Wait EST won again....

and again....

Well Damn

It's cool...they go hard

Ced Lynch always has full access

I love his outfit

Ok soooo who really won model of the year

I'm going downstairs

oh soooo this is where everyone is

I see SHUICIDE hightop

OMG I didn't know that dude made all those line dance hits

He is probably worshiped 

COOL!!!! A motorcycle gang!!!!!!

I wish I had a cool motorcycle vest

Weird not seeing the Shuicide camp all decked out in SHU GEAR

Where's Tropikana

Oh...I see her

CAINE seems.....angry

Ok....he's stating "facts"

King Cobra has the dopest fashion sense EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could be a stylist

That damn snake makes me nervous

But it looks sooooooooooo INSANE!!!

Mookie Motonio...I've grown to like him

He's so funny

Charles Ramsey!!!!!!!!!!

I love him

CALL ME

Uhhhh ohhhhhhhhh!!!! Baby Kanye is on stage

What a lame

Who was he again

Lol OMGGGGGGGGGGG all white suits look crazy when they move fast

Derrick looked super pissed lmaooooo...dont play with the ohha

SHUICIDE won 

Duhhhhhhh

Kinda cool both Wreckin Squad and Wreckin Squadd are nominated

Wreckin Squad won #1D

Sooooooo why are they playing Wreckin Squadd #2dz "Only"

I love that song tho

Noway thats the girl from the RATCHET video

She looks wayyyy different...she's skinny!

Wait....is that a lil baby or a drunk lil person

Nope...it's a baby!

Kinda cute....kinda...uhhhhh

This is a happy song

This group is fun

I wonder if Dub-o legs hurt from goin on stage so much

Ez The Ambassador is sooooo fly

I wanna win next year

Wait who won best media outlet?

They should get some balloons or smoke or something on the stage

Awwwww its over....
















After the OHHA show ended we all filed out of the STATE THEATER.Those who won carried their plaques just like new born babies damn near. Those who lost and fskw were in small huddles with their teams discussing the many conspiracy theories of why they were snubbed. The lobby was filled with congratulations, maybe next years, and damnnnnn you look goods! All in all the 2013 OHHA were a success. Sure there will always be technical difficulties, and certain things that can be tweeked for next year, but we will have to wait til next year to do it. I'd like to thank the OHHA board for allowing us to be a part of this ceremony and epic venue. I mean how many of us will ever be able to say, "I performed, or won an award in the STATE THEATER"!!!!!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!! XOXO





@ohiohiphopaward



1 comment:

Shuicide Holla said...

Vivid Write-Up, Appreciate the Love! -SHU.