WELCOME

WELCOME

Saturday, November 3, 2012

YOUNG SHON VIDEO INTERVIEW GIPBKR!!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/youngshon 
DOPEST FREESTYLE, Ya'll Cant Keep Up!!!
Okkkkkk Sooooooo my first adventure to "Get It Poppin Radio/Black Kush Radio"....was...very INSANE!!!! I mean it takes a lot to get me frantic, or even at a lost for words...I mean come on ...*ya'll know I'm the QUEEN of the run on sentences...*oopsy. I took a deep breath before I cracked the door to GIPBKR, remembering my last fiasco with Dj Ball, I had pre-warned myself to be guarded , knowing at any moment...anything could happen. Yet when I walked in...Young Shon was standing erect, he was looking alert, and surprisingly...very authoritative. The last time I had really had a chance to interact with Young Shon was at the Ohio Hip Hop Awards, where he attempted to creep into the showcase...obviously fried to the side...*his give away was...a crumbled pop-tart, that he ate carefully...in between giggles. So to see Young Shon, ready for what was to come, preparing lists, and calling shots...was...intriguing. I came in and Young Shon's face read nothing but seriousness. His straight face lasted only seconds before he politely smiled, and literally opened his arms. I walked over to the where Young Shon was posted...right in front of the studio mic...and he gave me a ((huge hug)). The 1st thing I noticed...was that Young Shon thanked me. He thanked me before we had even gotten started...for the interview. Young Shon is probably one of the most polite, and courteous artist out here. I felt comfortable, and relaxed within minutes upon officially meeting him.




As the GIPBKR show started...the vibe in the studio picked up quickly. While Young Shon, and the beautiful Zima Luv aka Mz. Hipz took calls, and pushed music thru the lines...artists came strolling in. I mean it was 1 after another! The door to GIPBKR must have opened over 50 times. I felt like I had the best seat in the house, sitting on the soft leather sofa.Usually a person would become annoyed...like "yoooo quit opening the f*cking door"....but GIPBKR is a place where...artists feel like they are at home.Not to mention GIPBKR has over 20,ooo listeners!!!!!!




I found myself watching the door....literally filled with excitement to see just who might be coming thru the door at any moment. As the door swung
open...I realized...Young Shon...to be young, and amazingly "kind"....he was like the "pied piper or musical talent". I sat it disbelief as the legendary Dj Johnny O came thru, Big Heff cracked the door, bringing his whole Industry Tour Roster with him. Bella Nae blessed the GIPBKR with her always fantastic self. Dj Chicago himself was in the session, Dj Ball, Cash, DANK, Dj Nomadic later came thru, let's not forget Chronic...Spitt Magazine was on the line...I mean..it was basically an overload of generations of music...all in 1 place! What was even more amazing...was that Young Shon had orchestrated the whole movement. To have more than 20 people all in a studio, all exchanging music, posters, event info, feedback, future projects...Dj Jhonny O himself was there...extending heavy educational advice on music, the industry and everything beyond, Jessica aka Kickagirl was there who herself is 1 of the most hardworking  managers in the city . I mean...it was like a buffet of knowledge, and most of all it was the energy....the ENERGY Young Shon put out...was contagious to everyone else surrounding him. Young Shon's energy is like none other!!! He made people feel comfortable being interviewed on his show. He was patient, and he made sure that everyone felt appreciated and cleared a way for those that were in the studio that day...to have a platform to share their music, or even honest thoughts about the music industry.I had heard Young Shon's music before... and I was IMPRESSED, dude has infinite metaphors, and can knock you down before you get up with his lyrics...and after actually meeting Young Shon...I respect his music even more. "Real Recognize Real"*Young Shon voice....and Young Shon is 1 of the realist....let me introduce you...to a man...with class, in a class of his own....Young Shon!!! XOXO




No comments: