WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, April 9, 2015

SPARKPLUGENT INTRODUCES RAW INKED!

Okkkkkk Soooooo let's face it. When becoming an artist of this musical generation…the qualifications needed to succeed have gotten…pretty cloudy. Judging (and I shouldn't) from what people have been trying to force on us, all you  need to be a "rapper" is a whole bunch of tats from your local , not very well qualified tattoo artist aka "yo cuzzo", a couple of pair of Jordan's, and hella social media "followers" aka ghost followers who never like your music, or support you craft. I mean it's getting pretty difficult to separate the real from the wannabes. How many times has someone aggressively instructed you to "yoooo click the link in my bio"…and a low quality video pops up, with lyrics that sound WACK? I was just beginning to loose all faith in local artists til Splash Rob invited me to the CASTLE, for a party and performance show.





I was kinda just taking in my surroundings at the club. I live on the WESTSIDE (*throw up ya w's), but it was my 1st time really being around mostly Westside artists, in a Westside club. There were a few crews gathered in different groups. There were chics dancing all around, all in the guys faces being flirtatious, and there were a few people dressed in typical club wear…*ya know what I'm talking about. I was standing close to the stage, next to a super tall, extra slim light skinned  guy. He was sitting on the edge of the stage and kinda bobbing his head to the music. He wasn't surrounded by anyone really, he seemed to be in his own zone. His hat apparel stood out, because it was simple yet intriguing. It read "RAW INKED". As I tried to figure out where I had heard RAW INKED before…he suddenly jumped up on the stage, and after a few moments his shirt came off and he was going full throttle!!!!

RAW INKED DROPPED "HIGH" on #GIRLPOWERRADIO

I was shocked!!!! I kept looking at the empty spot where RAW INKED sat just a few moments prior. Nooooo this wasn't just another wannabe rapper, with whack tats, and no delivery. RAW INKED had the whole clubs attention! His endless tats showed their perfection under the lights, and he seemed to kinda strut and pose, and cover the small stage with calculated steps….like he had actually practiced his showmanship before. (*You gotta be able to work the stage *headroll fingasnap) While he was performing "GET MONEY", I could tell he really had taken the time to work the beat, use inflections in his voice, and more interestingly …he managed to take an almost overused term like "Get Money", and make it seem like it was something new that we just got hip to!!!!!

Letting my RAW INKED curiosity finally get the best of me ,I headed straight over to social media to investigate. Not only does RAW INKED have hella followers…they are legit! They constantly show him love, and they "like" every little thing he posts! The link in his bio will quickly direct you to some of the most high quality videos from a local artist! I mean he has videos shot by Ced Lynch…yes..theeee Ced Lynch, Holla Films , MIKEY FILMS and more! I was so impressed with RAW INKED I sent a personal invite to GET IT POPPIN studio, where he was a featured guest on #GIRLPOWERRADIO!  I honestly didn't think RAW INKED would show. Only because he seemed so "cool" and "all that". So when he peeked thru our door,  I instantly gave him hella kudos! RAW INKED is confident, humble, outgoing, artistic, and really down to earth! He introduced his song "HIGH" and seemed non chalant about it finally being played on the radio. Later on after I checked out his IG ,I noticed he had posted himself in the studio, and it was awesome to see so many fans support him. It was even more awesome to see an artist actually enjoy everything that was happening in their career. Some artists are "to cool" for their own good. RAW INKED quickly made it clear…he doesn't rock Jordan's all the time, he books his own shows, studio time, video shoots, and runs his own social media. He's mos def an original artist who is meticulous about details (just check o ut his tats and videos) and is the total package. CHECK OUT RAW INKED later this month at the Agora!!! "Got Damn Bitch…I Does This" - RAW INKED!!!XOXO


                CHECK OUT RAW INKED and his latest video "IM SO RAW"






Ricardo Wallace
youtube.com/watch?v=34yRpg… 
@raw_inked
raw_inked

No comments: