WELCOME

WELCOME

Saturday, September 8, 2012

B-LO DELIVERS SEX and AGGRESSION!!!


http://GN4H.com 
Soooooooooo many things...are ah changing...fashion, television...hell pretty soon "regular" movies will be a thing of a the past. Most movies are 3D now. Even food has taken on a whole different taste...bacon sundaes *courtesy of Burger King (*mouth vomit). Don't get me wrong...I'm all for change...thank you Mr. Steve Jobs, and my secret besties *Twitter, and Facebook. Yet I've always been the type of person, that loves all things CLASSIC. It's strange to say...but the old CLASSIC is now the NEW CLASSIC, and this mos def includes music. With technology so accessible these days...it seems as if anyone with a laptop and "crew" can put out mixtapes, and call themselves "hot artists". I guess for awhile...I was accepting today's generation of music...just as it is. It wouldn't be until I listened to some old school NAS, or even Mobb Deep, Biggie, or even Jay-Z...that I would tell myself "now Jenn, this is real hip-hop". (*My own opinion ok ppl*headroll fingasnap). I had begun to think, that this generation, will never know CLASSIC hip-hop... you know...fresh, clean beats, deep intelligent lyrics, meaningful , and Classic story telling at it's finest...until...I heard B-LO.

When I first heard of  B-LO...I was at a studio session...that was just getting started. You know one of those moments where your almost "turned up", but your cup is half empty...yeah that feeling. I just kept hearing "Yooo B-lo should be coming thru soon", and "I swear dis ni*ga B-Lo takes all damn day". From the sound of things, I could only assume that this B-LO character...did things on his own time. I also assumed that B-LO, whoever he was usually turned up whenever he decided to show his face. After what seemed an eternity I finally heard a  phrase that seemed to bring the whole studio session to life....sitting in the W.41side studio (where they crank out nutting but hits)...someone loudly exhaled "yoooo B-LO is at the door!". Suddenly people rose from the couch, like in a zombie movie...loud thumps came down the stairs and there standing before me was B-LO. Nothing at all like what I had expected.
http://b-lo.bandcamp.com/ 
B-LO...is huge! He is tall, and solid looking...almost like a college football player. I automatically decided in my mind, that B-LO must have access to his own personal barber, that is at his beckon call 24-7. Only cuz dude looked strangely like a million bucks. He looked like someone DIDDY himself would associate with. Very neat, clean, fashionable, and cocky. After looking him up and down my eyes fixated on something unimaginable. B-LO...was wearing a friggin Bow tie. Yes a bow tie!!! Usually I would twist my face up and think...*awww lawdy...not another wannabe fashion icon *yawn. Yet B-LO had managed to pull off this daring fashion statement in such a classy, effortless way...it made me wish more guys would wear a bow tie.

*Hell...I even ran my fingers across my neck, to picture how I would pull off a bow tie. The studio session came alive with the arrival of some of the finest herbal refreshments ever served. B-LO took friendly shots at Ez White, and Ez Whitetossed em back, all in good fun. AHPTIMUS PRIME sat in his chair and sorted thru hooks and beats, while B-LO gave a "yes or no" to them. One thing that attracted me to B-LO was his thick skin. If there was a line that didn't mesh with the format of the song he was working on, and the crew served their input, B-LO wouldn't become defensive. He would stand up straight, run his hand over his crisp cut and say something like "yeah...maybe", or "naw...I like it the way it is". Even tho B-LO was only passing thru for a moment, within minutes his cocky attitude had made me build up a wall. He seemed to be "bossy", or "impatient". His wise cracks seemed endless, and he looked at me as if he could have any woman he desired. But I didn't have time to completely disect him, because as soon as he landed, he departed.
I've heard B-LO on a couple of songs before. I always say this....it's difficult at times to judge an artist off their music, just from collabs with other artists. It's like trying to decide which is better. The cookie part of an oreo...or the middle of it. So when I heard B-LO was dropping his album, I wasn't to thrilled. First off, the guy was so cocky, wearing that bow tie like he was president, and taking over convos, and basically being like...LISTEN TO MY ALBUM. He had some nerve! It wasn't until I had 1 of those late nights where I was laying around sorting thru music...that I came across...what can only be described ...as a..wonderful masterpiece. SEX and AGGRESSION, from B-LO proves why he the most popular villain.



SEX and AGGRESSION is the perfect title for B-LO's album. Most artists name an album and it has nothing to do with the story of the music. SEX and AGGRESSION, mos def sums up what it is that B-LO is sharing with us. B-LO comes thru his album aggressively challenging all haters, non believers, and demolishes all of his competition. He somehow manages to pull all the women towards him with his sexual references, and delicious fantasies. Nowhere does the music seem raunchy. It's all in a urban, deep, romantic wonderful way. Leaving me speechless and realizing that the look he gave me wasn't of "I can have you", it was a look of confidence...like" yo, keep staring, your looking at the best". Even a guy would listen to "Ceilings" and possibly decide to take notes. The "ARCH VILLIAN" with APHTIMUS PRIME ,DJ MAJETTE and produced by PHEENS is so far off the map...it would mos def take some of the worlds best artists years in a studio...to even be able to go against it. Just when B-LO comes off as being Aggressive, and at times maybe  make a woman question his intentions, his sexy words, or poetic thoughts quickly bring her back round and before she's knows it....she's fantasizing about SEX and AGGRESSION. B-LO seems to be able to back up everything he says on his album. SEX and AGGRESSION is how an album story should be told. With the W.41side  and PHEENS himself producing untouchable beats , and executing 1 of the fattest albums of the year for B-LO, SEX and AGGRESSION is mos def a CLASSIC, and a WINNER! If that isn't enough the albums artwork alone is magnificent, created by AHPTIMUS PRIME himself!!! "DECOMPRESSED" featuring FRANC WEST is another banger!!!! With Franc West singing "How can I be mad, good as I'm feeling"and B-LO spitting decompressed is friggin awesome!!! I've never rated an album before, because of all the "politics"behind criteria etc, but I am so confident in SEX and AGGRESSION that I will mos def give it  4 out of 5 stars!!! I have to save a star, for all the other sensitive as* rappers that may feel jilted. (Ha!)
I will congratulate B-LO on SEX and AGGRESSION, and the whole W.41Side!!!! XOXO


@B_lofromtheFUP
http://West41side.tumblr.com 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proud of B_lo and all of his accomplishments. Can't wait to see what's next!! Sex and Aggression was full of substance and should be in everyones playlist!! S/O to the W.41st side "The Real Cool Guys"