WELCOME

WELCOME

Sunday, October 28, 2012

BONE THUGS N HARMONY 2012 CLEVELAND!!!!


Sooooooooo I like to think that I have lived a somewhat...fulfilling, adventurous, and exciting life. I mean as I get older...of course there are things that I hope I see before exiting this Earth. I mean we all have a small list of people, things, and places that we would all like to see 1 day...a list that seems almost "far fetched", or "impossible". You know...the list you talk about to a friend and they usually respond...."yeah...that'll happen...when pigs fly".I have a few things on my list...ya know, unicorns, aliens, a 3 titty chic, and BONE THUGS N HARMONY reuniting! I've discussed my list with friends before and Ive gotten the same reaction..."Jenn..come on now...I seriously doubt any of these things will actually happen...especially a concert with all the original members of Bone Thugs n Harmony". I like to keep high hopes. So imagine how I felt...when I was told...I would be covering the BONE THUGS n CONCERT REUNION at the AGORA!!!!!!!!
When I first busted thru the back door at the AGORA....I kinda crept in...and somewhat crawled thru the many mazes finally ending up at the side of the stage. There weren't very many people inside. Rebel Army Radio was setting up, Quincy aka Big Heff was quietly moving up and down the empty aisles running soundcheck. KPT and Draft Pick were there, early like always on their professional sh*t, and then you had maybe those 1 or 2 ticket holders...ya know the ticket holders that are early at every show. Dj Ball was setting up his tables,while I slowly scanned the venue looking all the way to the top thinking...*damn....Juicy J tore this place down last time he was here.* The AGORA is a beautiful venue. It has seats up top in the balcony and small lil box seats that are almost opera house looking. I took a deep breath in, the air inside smelled stale and very cold.Out front security was having a lil pep talk from some other authorative figure. I overheard security being told..."I'm not sure why we have so much security"...I was thinking..."awwwww the silly folk, they have no idea that freakin BONE THUGS N HARMONY are world famous, grammy award winning artists"*headroll fingasnap. It wasn't long before the AGORA began to fill up. The die hard BONE fans rushed towards the front of the stage....sure it was nowhere near time for t he show but I mean come on!!!!! This was BONE THUGS N HARMONYperforming for there first time since fo-eva!!! As the AGORA began to fill...slow at first like a Big Slurp in a cup from Seven Eleven...there were hella opening acts that performed. I mean I think that all of Cleveland was trying to be a part of the monumental BONE concert. The crowd was mos def growing anxious by the minute. I admit...that I myself was somewhat impatient, but unlike many other concert goers at the AGORA, I didn't fall victim to the tall cans of COOR's Light being served. Taking a crowd of die hard BONE fans, that haven't been just waiting a few hours to see BONE perform....but have also been passing the time by sipping tall cans of beer, being pushed, squished and told that BONE would be performing shortly could have easily turned into a recipe for disaster. Yet Quincy aka Big Heff somehow seemed to keep the crowd entertained, and patient as possible....which seemed...almost impossible. Of course Cleveland's most famous and elite came out to support this historical event about to go down. Ray Jr. did the fattest set showing hella love to Eazy E. Ray Cash who is Mr.Cleveland himself came out and performed!!! DJ BALL literally had me surprised.
I mean I've heard DJ BALL spin before but damn.....he held it down for like 4 hours straight no lie. The stage area quickly began to fill up. It seemed as if everyone wanted to be front and center at what was about to happen. You could tell from the expressions on everyone's face...that everyone was a BONE THUGS N HARMONY FAN. People sometimes try and be cool at concerts. That's why usually even tho I'm media, I like to be in the crowd. The stage can get to crowded, at you've got people just standing around, groupies, people tryna push music, managers... just way to many things going on. This concert was different tho. It seemed as if everyone was just wanting to be a piece of history. Everyone there that day at the AGORA knew that this BONE THUGS N HARMONY show was going to be EPIC. The world famous Dj ICE was starting to pump out the intro music for BONE.After what seemed like an eternity...flying cans, beer being thrown, boo's and loud forceful chants of "WE WAN BONE, WE WANT BONE"...the crowd began to part on stage...almost like the Red Sea..and then...there...right before my face...was 1 of the things I had dreamed of seeing once in my life before I died...BONE THUGS N HARMONY came strolling out, and I say strolling...cuz BONE THUGS N HARMONY always come thru cool and smooth!!!

OMG!!!!!!!! It was soooooooo freakin COOL!!!!!!!! I mean BONE THUGS N HARMONY looked like they had just emerged from some kinda time capsule. They look EXACTLY the same! From the sharp creases in their pants, to their button ups and ironed t's and jerseys, BONE THUGS N HARMONY came onto the AGORA stage and the applause was INSANE!!! BONE THUGS N HARMONY were standing on stage...in their city that loved them soooo much...CLEVELAND. The looks on Wish, Krayzie, Flesh, Bizzy, and Layzie were priceless. You could see happiness and love in their eyes. All the smiles in the whole venue were genuine. Everyone that had been on stage was being told to "STEP BACK, STEP BACK". I couldn't be that annoyed by the people that refused to listen, because it was such a magical moment....everone just wanted to be a part of it. BONE THUGS N HARMONY jumped right into their set. I mean hit after hit, the music was non-stop. The crowd was young, old, male, female.....and every single person in attendance new every single word to every single Bone song being played. I looked to the top of the AGORA...the seats were totally filled, people were sweating, shouting all the words to the songs. The air inside no longer smelled stale, nor was it cold. The comforting aroma of burning tree, and body warmth filled the AGORA. Everyone that had seemed impatient before, and angry...suddenly seemed happy, all the faces were wearing smiles, some people had deep lost looks in their eyes...reciting lyrics out of hope, or maybe even hurt they felt...thats what BONE THUGS N HARMONY music does to your soul. It's never been about "gangsta rap"...BONE THUGS N HARMONY has always been about "real life struggles,  ghetto hope, and unity amongst your community"....and tha's what happened that night at the AGORA. BONE THUGS N HARMONY...made history...all over again. Even tho we as fans seemed to have  waited forever for the return of 1 of the greatest hip hop groups of all time... It was worth it! You could tell...that moment...was the moment for BONE THUGS N HARMONY. It wasn't about them coming together cuz their bills needed to paid, or jus kinda throwing some half ass show together for the sake of doing it. This Bone Thugs reunion was written. It was one of those things that was meant to happen when it did. There was no animosity amongst all the members, 1 member wasn't trying to outshine any of the others. They all seemed genuinely happy to be together on stage in CEVELAND.

I caught Bizzy smiling non-stop, he was generous with the stage, often times falling back or stepping to the side....kinda making way for Flesh to make his presence known, I caught Layzie almost skipping from side to side, Krayzie looked so confident in everything happening around him, and Flesh....man...it had been so long I had almost forgotten how dope Flesh really is...but he mos def reminded the crowd that he is still 1 of the dopest artist ever, and Wish was sooooo freakin smooth in his V-neck and button up, still the glue holding it all together with his soulful singing...I mean...I swear I saw tears in some of the biggest gangsters eyes at AGORA that night. Not on some sucka sh*t, but if you are a lover of hip hop, if you have followed the intro, the fame, and the struggles of BONE THUGS N HARMONY, and you respect them and what they are about...it'd be difficult not to feel some kinda way...seeing them perform all together for their fans!
The show seemed to go on forever, and yet there still didn't seem like enough time.BONE THUGS N HARMONY proved that they will always stand against the test of time. When you are an originator of something, you can never fall off. BONE THUGS N HARMONY will always be 1 of the Greatest Hip Hop groups of all time!
Driving home I felt satisfied with life, and looked out my window for flying pigs...I was that happy, not because I was at AGORA, but just because BONE THUGS N HARMONY proved...that if you have something good, it will always withstand the test of time. We all deal with everyday struggles, we all have family or friends we love but don't talk to all the time, but in the end...when the time is right...if it's meant to be...it will be...and BONE THUGS N HARMONY is 1 of those things in life....that proves all of the above to be correct. When I got home, I took out my list, and gently crossed off "BONE THUGS N HARMONY".I had seen the reunion of my favorite hip hop group ever, I fell asleep feeling satisfied and hopeful for everything else that may come in life. XOXO

@BigHeff
@FleshnBoneBTNH
@iamKrayzieBone
@BizzyBoneSoCool
@LayzieBTNH
@WishBoneBTNH

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this piece...keep the blog going for us who dont get out as much anymore.

r1ckybLamM said...

Wuz good im rickyblamm, with no space in the middle.lmao! Well I have to say sadly I couldnt make it. i heard it was jumpin.and hella fights! Smh.folks always gotta b in the light.smh. I really love this blog! I noticed jenny pooh:) so quiet but when she.talk ent. She lights up! Awsome and powerfull she is with a complete breakdown of her opinion and thoughts! I am a new follower! Thanx again jenn!

r1ckybLamM said...

who will sell more bone or 2 chains? that's if bone put together a new album.