WELCOME

WELCOME

Monday, October 1, 2012

OHIO HIP HOP AWARDS 2012 RECAP , FLICKS, AND WINNERS!!!!!!

WOW!!!! Okkkkkkk Soooooooo...I'm finally coming down off that huge adrenaline rush, that I was soaring on from the Ohio Hip Hop Awards!!!! I mean good lawd....that was 1 of the most awesome times I've ever had with soooo many different people! (*minus the time we got locked in Earth til 5am *Shoutout to Big Heff and Twon Zoe) I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only Ohio civilian counting down the days til the OHHA. I mean I had it marked on the fridge calendar, noted in my crack berry, made sure I let my boss kno..."yoooo I'ma be gone this weekend", made sure my hair and nail appt was booked in advance, and .....yeah you get the point. I've been to the OHHA like 3 yrs ago, and I had heard much had changed, so I was super excited to see exactly what was gonna go down! Especially now since starting Sparkplugent! I mean damn, I had been approved for my first official media pass!!!! Not only was I curious to see all of Ohio's finest in one city, but I was also curious and excited to check out the panels, and mingle with everyone!

Arriving in Columbus was like arriving at camp. Kinda like an artist camp, think of Camp Rock...but with grown people, very grown people. Stepping into the beautiful Embassy Suites was like peeking your head into a room and not sure what was going to be going on. Yet as soon as I walked into the lobby, there were sooooooooo many people mingling...the media conference was in full force. Ms.CreamOfTheCrop was monitoring the door, and Quincy aka Big Heff was bustling about, quietly making sure things ran smoothly.



























 I saw soooooo many people coming in and out of every door at the hotel my mind was spinning. What's amazing is that even tho, many of the artists were from Ohio, you could kinda tell what city some people were from just by the way they dressed. *I would go into detail but...don't play silly....you can tell when someone isn't from your city. It was like orientation the 1st day of camp. People were registering, checking into rooms (*I mean the suites were amazing!!!!! S/o to the Embassy) swapping music, taking flicks, and I saw about a million handshakes, people were handing out "dap" like the lil guy at the chinese spot at the mall hands out free samples of governors chicken *headroll fingsnap.





The Learn To Earn conference was AWESOMELY informational!!!! I mean where else can you sit in a room full of some of the top media outlets in Ohio!!! From Essince, to LeakJones, to O-Zone Magazine, Hood Illustrated, and many more....the panel was something that you would mos def regret missing ...if you missed it. All of the speakers were patient, and allowed questions to be asked, and gave an abundance of knowledge...and yes...I myself soaked it up...just like I was biscuit, and the panel was the gravy!!! Even the showcase was entertaining!!! S/o to Dj Jack Tha Ripper for spinning at the event!
Okkkkkkkk fast forward to the official OHHA morning!!!! It was actually kinda cool seeing everyone wake up the next morning, lololololol I mean people were stumbling into the breakfast room....HOLD UP!!!!!! CAN WE PLEASE GIVE A SHOUTOUT TO THE EMBASSY....for the BEST DAMN FREE BREAKFAST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Burp!. I mean seeing everyone at their morning finest was super cool...cuz everyone was just their regular selfs. There was flashy jewelry, yet we witnessed uncombed weaves, sweats, and pillow marks on hella faces. 1 thing I noticed at breakfast tho, almost everyone had their music, or flyers sitting next to them. I mean that's how dedicated Ohio artists are, everyone was still grinding, even thru breakfast. It wasn't annoying either...it was very much respected. Cuz everyone in attendance knew that, this OHHA was the 1 place where you cud push yourself or your product with ease. 
Arriving at the ALADDIN SHRINE 
AUDITORIUM was BREATHTAKING!!! It was HUGE! The tables were set as if the guests were
seated at the GOVERNORS BALL! The RED CARPET was carefully laid out and free of any lint or wrinkles. The venue smelt of elegance, and excitement!

I ran into a few people...who had earlier tried to "downplay" the event, yet when I saw them walk thru the venue, I noticed that had put on their best, and had a lil stride in their step. The OHHA event all in all...was a beautiful event. To see so many people all in the same place, all shaking hands, networking, smiling and showing love and appreciation for others was incredible. No matter the quirks that happened, the OHHA was is will always be a much respected awards show. Not just for Ohio but for other cities
could take notes, on how to unite,
and recognize local artists!!!
The stage at the Aladdin Shrine was enormous! The VIP seats were beautifully decorated, and I must say, I was envious of the red velvet cake I saw table macking. The whole OHHA staff did a excellent job at pulling off such a tedious event, and for the most part it went pretty smoothly. The plaques given away were shiny...and we all love shiny things!!! The people that seemed nonchalant  about the whole shin dig, certainly seemed appreciative and excited when they walked away with an OHHA!!!
Some moments that stuck in my mind were of course Lolah Brown's performance...damn she got thick! Ray Cash winning and not being there, and 20 mins later strolling thru in his usual casually cool, and respectably laid-back self, Steve Lobel in a dope leather adiddas fit, Lantana winning and being super happy,he literally stole the show with his personality alone!! Bloodshot performing (*it was different but entertaining!), and oh Dj.Steph Floss winning, and winning, Ashleigh Veverka getting "manager of the year", and boy..did she deserve it!!!! STREET SMART PROMOTIONS was totally swaged out, and damn...it was bittersweet to see TEZO ft KEN BALL win "Single of the year" for "DINNER DATE"...RIP KEN BALL.



 Ray Jr, made the event seem family like with his stage performance, I mean sometimes it's annoying when people have their whole crew run on stage, but if you are from CLEVELAND, then you know that LEGIT PAPER is like big family. It made me smile to see different crews from all over OHIO, mingling with other crews...usually their is tension, but the OHHA was a mature, urban classy event. The after party at Republic was intimate and a perfect way to end the OHHA weekend. With performances by KPT and DRAFT P1CK, and Ray Jr...even Steve Lobel was rocking....it was a beautiful weekend. Call me "thirsty" if you want, I call it excited...but I'm already planning my my trip for next years OHHA!!!! Yeah it was that dope! Congratulations to all the winners and nominees!!! C-ya next year!!! XOXO

No comments: