WELCOME

WELCOME

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

J GRAIE ft. MOOKIE MOTONIO "HEART STOP" !!!! XOXO

http://m.soundcloud.com/jgraie/jgraie-ft-mookie-motonio-heart …
Okkkkk Soooooo I love hip-hop, especially when it's fun, and infused with pop!!!! I really love the way love and feelings can be expressed through a song. There's always that 1 moment, where without expecting it...music finds it's way into a particular life situation you may be dealing with. There has been times where I was feeling a certain emotion ...but I couldn't find the words to express how I was feeling. Or maybe I had the words in my heart, but was thinking "damn Jenny...it'd be awesome if a woman could sing your heart for you...cuz you know your as* can't sing" Or maybe I wished I had a lil more attitude and sass to pull off a certain musical expression. Well....I just happen to be riding in around, lost in deep thought when I pushed in a mixtape from COCO Z THE MIX MISTRESS (*S/o to COCO!!!!) 

http://m.soundcloud.com/jgraie/jgraie-ft-mookie-motonio-heart …
As soon as the beat  dropped my shoulders started to bounce. Before I knew it my neck was going full 'Beyonce"(*head rolls, shakes, and hair swings)....my finger was extended, pointing at an invisible "ex", and I was totally taken over by the music!!!! Just when I started to question "who in the world is this DOPE AS* chic singing the realist sh*t EVER?!!!) I heard MOOKIE MOTONIO jump in!!!!!!! "HEART STOP" is 1 of the dopest female/male collab tracks ever!!! J GRAIE and MOOKI MOTONIO chemistry is insane!!! Sometimes you hear a collab with a male and female artist and there is no connection, or the verses seem like 2 totally different stories being told. Yet "HEART STOP" is some kind of pop, hip-hop, love story...told by a female vs male perspective.


J GRAIE voice is so rich and soulful, it automatically reminded me of early 80's artists like almost Whitney Houston in her mega pop era, or maybe even Aaliyah with a fat beat behind her. The kind of love song that makes you still wanna dance. The beat on "HEART STOP" has "DEZ ON THA BEAT" who himself has been doing major production for hella artists.  I mean once you hear the beat...you think..."it's gonna take a creative mofo to catch this beat"...so the fact that J GRAIE is singing, and MOOKIE MOTONIO managed to kill it totally is DOPE!!!!

Have you ever heard a song that made so much sense, that you found yourself pressing replay ova and ova again!!! "HEART STOP" is a beautiful, crazy fast paced love story. It's beat and J GRAIE lyrics are contagious. MOOKIE MOTONIO comes across as being cocky, but he quickly admits "I'm a lil man with big hurt"...damnnnnn....*if that aint a lil truth fo ya a*s (*headroll fingsnap)

I can't wait to see the visual for this song "HEART STOP"!!!! "DEZ ON THE BEAT" out did himself. J GRAIE and MOOKIE MOTONIO mos def made a beautiful love song!!!!! It will make your "HEART STOP"!!! XOXO

No comments: