WELCOME

WELCOME

Monday, June 4, 2012

IN THA LAB...WITH DESIGNER DONALD HAYES

DESIGN LAB INC.
Okkkkkk...sooooooo...when I received a personal invite to the Grand Opening of Design Lab Inc.....let's just say...I damn near pissed on myself! It takes a lot to get me excited! Ok...well maybe not a lot, let's just say that to be personally invited to DESIGN LAB INC.is a great honor! I mean sheesh....I was on my way to meet DONALD HAYES himself, and finally get a chance to see closeup...all the wonderful designs he has been creating! I've met DONALD HAYES a couple of times...but I became a true fan of DONALD HAYES after I saw Cleveland radio personality TROPIKANA wearing one of his creations, a unique black vest he designed for her on her birthday. I thought that there was no way possible this DONALD HAYES guy was capable of creating anything more original and spectacular than her birthday dress....but then I saw TROPIKANA's heels! (*mouth waters) The heels were encrusted with gems, and bling...each rhinestone placed with thought and expertise. AMAZING!!!!! 
Myself in DONALD HAYES
On my way to the GRAND OPENING, many thoughts were chopped and screwed like in my head.(*slow, deep, thoughts) Like...."oh boy...another "loft"event". Loft events used to be a rare venue for an event in Cleveland. Now they pop up randomly...usually the crowd is over capacity in the loft, and before you know it....the "lofty" feel..no longer feels so "lofty". So as I climbed the stairs inside the building, I noticed the typical painted hardwood floors, exposed brick and new paint smell. When I approached the door to the DESIGN LAB INC. I noticed a lil paper sign that read "Design Lab Inc.". I was thinking..."uh oh"...such a lil sign....then I cracked the door, in an attempt not to bust up the party...and boy...was I SURPRISED!!!!!!!!
DESIGN LAB INC.
As soon as you open the door to the DESIGN LAB, the first thing u notice is space. Its an ENORMOUS space!!! All of the space has been utilized in a way that makes you feel free, with room to explore yet not at all cluttered! My eyes were racing around the Lab...looking up and down, scanning the brick walls, soaking it all up. There are huge beautiful windows...allowing the warm sunlight to beam thru! The ceilings were high...creating the illusion that we were inside a industrial factory! The sun had so many windows to seep thru, that it filled the Lab and gently kissed each and every single person. When I walked in the Lab I noticed that everyone there looked amazingly beautiful. The sun was dancing on everyones skin. Everyone looked sun kissed and dazzling. I quickly realized this wasn't your "average" grand opening. There was the finest cheese...*but not so fancy...that you wanted to spit it back out in your napkin. There was wine...my glass stayed full, there was music playing...not to loud, not to overly booming....just enough music to make you wanna dance your way throughout the loft and check out the fashion. There was a red carpeted runway...*work it , work it *head roll finga snap.
The energy in the Lab was unique, and free-spirited. Each and every single person in attendance gave off a vibe of creativeness, acceptance, and joy for  DONALD HAYES and the other designers Grand Opening. Each designer had their work on display. All items were available for purchase. Of course stylist MYKE MYNDED led me over to DONALD HAYES collection. *I will never front like I'm a big "fashion know it all"...I'm a girl on the go. (Throw me in jeans and sneakers and I'm outty). But as soon as I saw the collection...I let out a lil "eeekkk". Immediately my eyes locked on a pink dress. The front had leather like triangles shooting from the shoulders. The back of the dress had a deep "U" shape, which showed off my back, but not my bra (*that takes tons of thought as a designer). The fabric was light and stretchy, which is hard to find without looking "trashy". This dress was a dress... created by someone that know's what a real woman is looking for. The geometric shapes, sexy material, and simplicity of the dress made it a must have for myself. 
Myself and Designer DONALD HAYES
* Donald Hayes original dress
Stylist MYKE MYNDED and Myself
@MykeMynded
It's hard to find couture when you are "curvy, thick, and big-butted" like myself. Somehow DONALD HAYES has managed to design designs for all women. His collection was unique, and  futuristic. I never in a million years would have thought that I'd be wearing a DONALD HAYES original piece. Speaking of DONALD, he was quietly ringing out purchases, and being his shy, quiet, humble self. His eyes danced when he saw me in the dress he had created. DONALD HAYES is a quiet man. He's always warm, sincere and friendly when you see him. I felt very honored to be wearing his work. He's not one for the "spotlight"... you won't catch him boasting or bragging...even tho he has every right to toot his own horn *toot toot*
DONALD HAYES collection is truly a beautiful , creative expression....of a man attempting to make women feel comfortable and sexy, n a mos def 1 of a kind way. It won't be long until we see DONALD HAYES at fashion week in New York or Paris. He is most deserving of the praise everyone was giving at the GRAND OPENING OF DESIGN LAB INC. There were many fashion socialites in attendance. MYKE MYNDED who is also stylist, SILK with her infamous beautiful purple hair, Mz. Cream Of The Crop was seen floating around, and many others flowed in and out of the Lab until nightfall. DONALD HAYES has done a remarkable job at opening the door to fashion in the city. I left the DESIGN LAB feeling exclusive, happy, and satisfied. Hats off to DONALD HAYES *work it....work it XOXO

DESIGN LAB INC.
3143 W.33rd
Cleveland, Ohio
44144

thedesignercoop.com
@loveandrock
Deeloveandrockhayes/facebook.com
instagram : designingoncloud9

No comments: