WELCOME

WELCOME

Friday, June 8, 2012

SMACK DOWN BY SMACK CITY


I would never like to think of myself as being "prejudice" or "bi-partial" to certain people or things. But as a human I have grown into "stereotypes" and preconceived notions about certain things. This includes music. I am learning to have a more "open ear" for music and where it comes from. With that being said....while tweeting my life away (as usual) I ran across SMACK CITY. I must admit...I was a little skeptical...but only because I noticed SMACK CITY was reppin Oakland, California. I f*ck with Cali music all day. I love Bay Area music, and Dre n Snoop, Dj Quik, Too-Short...you get my point. I hold Cali music with the highest regards. I mean the bar has been set high from previous west coast rappers. So I was surprisingly entertained when I actually heard Mook Tha Prezadent, and Chuck Smiff of SMACK CITY. I was expecting your stereotypical west coast...smooth, bubbly...oil slick, pimp kinda swag to make you feel extra cool music, seat leaned back into the backseat music. Instead SMACK CITY pulled out the gate with all of the above...and had the nerve to add a lil...well actually a lot of down south swagu to the sauce, with a deep country bounce to it. I had to go back and make sure these fellas really were from Oakland. Somehow they have found a way to infuse west coast, and down south beats together. . I am very critical when it comes to music that makes me bob my head. Of course the beat can carry any song...but SMACK CITY has 2 lyricists that both pull  their own weight. Its entertaining to see that SMACK CITY has NOT allowed certain stereotypes to box their music into 1category.
www.youtube.com/MookThaPrezadent
"GET ME"
Their music makes you dance, ride, or shake ya dreds...*if you happen to have dreds. Speaking of dreds (*go ahead..shake em!!!)
Waka Flocka is featured on"SMACK CITY's "In The Sky", produced by KE On Tha Track. It's awesome to see new musical talent emerge from the west coast that is unexpected and worthy to be added to my iPod playlist. Make sure you check out SMACK CITY and look forward to the drop of their upcoming mix tape soon! WESTSIDE(*throws up fingers in shape of "W")XOXO
Instagram  - mookthaprez
@smackcitymook
@smackcitysmiff
www.hoodtube.com
www.Mp3spinners.com
www.wearebay.com

*Booking inquiries smackcityfam@gmail.com


No comments: