WELCOME

WELCOME

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

FIRST THINGS FIRST... HYDE PARKS

Okkkkk soooooo I had a chance to go to a show held at the ROC BAR in the Flats, Downtown Cleveland. The bar wasn't unusually huge...actually small like. It had a beach kinda feel to it. Tiki kinda looking bar, patio outside for the smokers. You could purchase actual 40oz beers! (*that's always f*cking awesome!!!) I knew a few artists performing that day that I had been extra excited about checking out. When I walked thru the doors I was thinking "uh oh...small crowd"...but then again it was only like 6pm...still bright as hell outside. Needless to say after about 3 acts the crowd started to fatten up. Most of the acts were talented and cool. After watching a few artists perform I made my way to the bar and took a seat. There was a small intermission  between acts...so I took the time to kinda check my lip gloss, fidget with my crackberry (yes...I still worship my crackberry) and debate on if I should exit the venue and proceed with my night. I mean I wasn't really familiar with any of the last few acts performing...and the night seemed to be dragging a little. But soon as I had grabbed my purse of the bar counter and started walking out the door...I heard the sound of shuffling flip flops, screaming "WOO WHOO'SSS", whistle blowing, and "HELL YEAH's". That's when my curiosity got the best of me and I turned around to see who was on stage. When my back was turned I heard what sounded like Nate Dogg, and Warren G ...or maybe even a little Slim Thug...I couldn't quit put my pinky on it.
http://piff.me/77c90ea
I turned around...and to my surprise...I saw a huge white guy....I mean huge! This guy was singing with soul, and rapping his ass off. He automatically had my attention. I found out later that his name is HYDE PARKS, and dude is from MENTOR, OH!!! The way HYDE PARKS performed you would have sworn he had did hella shows before. But actually...that was his first show...EVER!!!! He had the whole bar crowded around the stage....the whole crowd was rapping every lyric to his songs!!! No this guy was no faker....you can tell when an artist is passionate about their music...it seeps thru their performance. HYDE PARKS was sweating , red in the face....and you could see actual spit firing at the mic. Once I heard "Livin Like I'm Famous"...I was an automatic FAN! If I could blindfold you I would. That way you would be able to hear his music without first developing a "stereotype" about this "white rapper". Music is music...music has no color.  I was so damn excited...yes...excited to get his mixtape that I kinda stood in a line to get it! Yes he was that damn good! I didn't skip thru 1 song on his mixtape "FIRST THINGS FIRST". The mixtape reminds me of Old West Coast, meets suburban struggles, meets New York, meets down South. HYDE PARKS talks about everything possible...and it's all relatable to me and those who grew up not necessarily in the "hood" but in an environment where there was still, sex, hoes, drugs, school, parents, homies, jail and everything else under the sun. It's obvious that HYDE PARKS makes music cuz he loves it.It almost seems as if you can tell...that music has been an outlet for HYDE PARKS to vent his feelings. Nothing fake about this guy...I'm sure HYDE PARKS can hold his own in this small circle of artists that have already been established. "GOTTA GET OUT" is another song that's dope as fuggggggg, and "LOST WITHOUT ME" demands lyrical respect! From his beats, to lyrical delivery...his music is addictive, and I wish HYDE PARK the best! Please trust me....this is a must have mixtape in your rotation! XOXO




@a5hydeparks

No comments: