WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lil D and TheWordEyeHeard Presents CUPCAKES&COCKTAILS with #GIRLPOWERRADIO!!!

Okkkkk Soooooo when I was kindly asked to be a sponsor for an all female event…let's just say …I was very cautious. I mean just the thought of a room full of women, most of whom I've never met before, can be a little intimidating. When I say "intimidating", I mean…women can be funny creatures. Often times women come equipped with the "who are you looking at, scan you from top to bottom, and forcefully find some sort of flaw on another woman type defense mechanism". CocoZ The MixMistress  is 1 of the most  respected females in the city, so after a moment of thinking the worst I accepted the invitation. CUPCAKES and COCKTAILS hosted by Lil D "thewordeyeheard" radio host on 107.9fm turned out to be far more that what I had ever expected!


Walking into Anatomy was entertainment at it's best! Maybe because I had that damn Charles Ramsey (yes…the hero) with me , muttering an abundance of off the wall nonsense in my ear all the way up to the door.Then again, soon as we entered we were greeted by a friendly female who offered us both 1 of those "HELLO My Name Is"name tags and a black sharpie. Me being the oh so "mature" person I am, was quick to scribble something offensive or corney on the name tag. The female greeting us just kept smiling so nicely, that I decided "Jenny, be professional" , and decided to write my name and company I represented. Crawling up the staircase to the rooftop where the event took place was dark. Yet again we were greeted by a refreshingly high spirited hostess, who handed us each 1 wooden token that was good for 1 free drink. 




As I peeped my head 1st into the CUPCAKES and 
COCKTAILS event, then my body, I automatically noticed how sunny it was on the rooftop! I mean there were women all over the place! Each lady had a little sassy stroll, and everyone was dressed for the weather, sun dresses,  jeans and tanks, short skirts, heels, flats…each woman had her on individual style . The patio was open and the most perfect breeze joined the party. Cashing in my wooden token, I was given a "secret punch" and sat down. Looking next to me I realized I was sitting next to REALLY RASHIDA aka published novelist of her own book!!! Londyn Rae was seen flicking up, Ms.CREAMOFTHECROP was surrounded by all sorts of females .KICKAGIRL was doing interviews and doing a damn good job! Charles Ramsey didn't mind taking pics with all the ladies but quietly played the back on the bar, and the LEGENDARY KIM SELLERS graced the event with her extraordinary self!!!CocoZ played all the hits, and let's not forget the CUPCAKES and COCKTAILS!!! 


As the event started to grow I noticed the smallest lady in the room. Well actually I noticed her dress 1st! It was neon orange, and had the cutest lil bow on the back. The fact that the woman was wearing blue heels with the dress, made me automatically respect her fashion sense and confidence. Lil D looked flawless ! (S/o to URBAN SOPHISTICATE STYLE *headroll fingasnap). Lil D was effortlessly sincere and passionate about CUPKCAKES and COCKTAILS. She reminded everyone to mingle, network and tell their success stories. Lil D made everyone on the rooftop feel accomplished and respected. She introduced us to people in the city doing amazing things to help each other. Honestly I wasn't sure what Lil D would be like. Listening to her on the radio she is comically sarcastic, and brutally honest…a real wise cracker. Yet at CUPCAKES and COCKTAILS she was serious,elegant and friendly, yet still added her touch of humor to lighten up the room.



Listening to Broken To Purpose , was the most moving part of the event  for myself. As a woman or even a man, we have felt broken before, and just really need someone to talk to. Broken To Purpose has great potential to be something extraordinary. I damn near had to throw my hands up in the air n wave em around like in church as Broken To Purpose was defined to us. Lil D spoke from the heart and showed great appreciation for East Cleveland Narrator where she is a columnist.. The event turned out to be more than just CUPCAKES and COCKTAILS. There was class, success, motivation, accomplishments, and talented women all on 1 rooftop. Thanks to Lil D, and #GIRLPOWERRADIO for a beautiful, inspiring and uplifting event!!!XOXO











http://www.thewordeyeheard.com
http://www.twitter.com/LILDonAIR
http://www.Youtube.com/WordEyeHeardTV
lildonair@facebook.com
http://facebook.com/theMixMistress
http://WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM/THEMIXMISTRESS
http://WWW.TWITTER.COM/THEMIXMISTRESS
jharnegie@facebook.com
 *special thanks to DEBE for pictures!!!

No comments: