WELCOME

WELCOME

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

THERE'S A NEW QUEEN...MEET SADIE HAWKINS!!!!

Let's face it...hot female rappers....are about as extinct as prehistoric dinosaurs, swatch watches, the Cosby Show, Rap City on BET, and music videos on MTV. I don't know how many conversations I've had with groups of people...ya know...sitting around, talking smack, debating on the greatest mc's of all time. I mean those kinda convos get heated! You start off sitting on a porch...chillin, and before you know it...you're standing up, spitting when you talk (*I really hate that sh*t) ,trying your best to prove why your "chosen mc " is the best. Yet as soon as it comes down to the question of "who's the hottest FEMALE mc"...no...not "who USED to be the hottest FEMALE mc"...the question "who is the hottest FEMALE mc out RIGHT NOW?" Suddenly...everyone will seem to get quiet. You may take another sip of your drank...maybe even sit in silence as you puff a drag off some "herbal refreshment". The group of people  that had so quickly been divided by a heated debate...where names had been dropped right and left about the best mc....are suddenly united...with the awkward silence of trying to figure out exactly who is the hottest FEMALE MC out right now?. After moments of silence ...as if you can almost predict the future...someone will say ..."hell ...NICKI MINAJ...she's hot...and her ass is fat." The group slowly begins to mend itself...not exactly satisfied with the answer...yet tired of thinking...and forcefully accepts the nomination for hottest FEMALE MC out now.
I myself am not satisfied...don't get me wrong...I LOVE Nicki Minaj (boom ba boom boom... boom ba boom boom..base... base *headroll finga snap). Could it be that she is always considered the hottest female mc...because she really hasn't had anyone to compete against her? Fast Forward a lil.....soooo I'm pushing a rental...and its been blessed with XM radio and the "Sway in the morning" show. I hear a song...that's unfamiliar in the heavily looped rotation. It only took a matter of seconds...before I realized I was bobbing my head and quickly hooked on to the catchy hook "VOUCH FOR THAT". The female mc was going hard! Just from her lyrics and her delivery I could feel her finger pointing in my face, I could see her headrolls, hand on her hip and fingersnaps. This girl was on fire!!! So of course I looked to see who it was...and it read SADIE HAWKINS!!!!!! SADIE HAWKINS...I had heard of "Sadie Hawkins" before...I'm pretty sure we have all had the "sadie hawkins" dance at school, you know where the girl picks the guy to dance with. I was almost positive this SADIE HAWKINS spitting in my ear, was not the "sadie hawkins" from school.
When I was finally able to quench my thirst for a visual of SADIE HAWKINS via YOUTUBE...I was IMPRESSED and SURPRISED!!! SADIE HAWKINS ia a bad ass b*tch!!!! I mean DAMMMNNNNN...SADIE HAWKINS is ILL...like dropped from another planet ill!!!! Her whole style is soooo outta the box that it mos def makes you do a double take! She spits like she's a large woman, like big...like Lady of Rage, Or Remy Ma...but she is slim...and BEAUTIFUL! SADIE HAWKINS body is sick!!! None of that artificial booty and tits...she's perfectly portioned ...cute body, pretty face...but spits like a monster...like a caged beast!!! It was a must that I score an interview with SADIE HAWKINS!!! I'm not 1 to beg (unless its j's or something else of importance) but I literally begged Quincy aka Big Heff for an interview, and just like that...he granted my wish!!!


           http://www.SadieHawkinsSC.net         

*phones rings, not sure what to expect when suddenly a loud, small country accent oozes thru the phone....you can hear the authentic friendliness of a the female on the other end....

Q.OMG!!!! WOW!!! Are you always so energetic!
A. GURRRRRRRLLLLLL YES!!!!!! I loveeeee good energy!!! I'm excited about everything that is happening!!!

Q. Soooooo how did all of this happen!!!! How did you become SADIE HAWKINS?
A. OH MUH GOODNESS!!!!It's insane really!!!! Well not really cuz I always knew I was gonna make it...but I was in a studio session with Don Dada...he writes major hooks for artists. He needed a female to say like 4 words on a track. I was nervous as hell...I had never recorded anything before...but he kinda shoved me in the booth...and I said "I vouch for that". After I said it he was like "yoooo we need a whole song with you on it".....that was like November 2010. Ever since then I've been rapping.

Q.Okkk...sooo wait a sec!!!! You just recently started rapping...it hasn't been a full 2 years yet?
A. Nope! I just started....I was in the military for a couple of years.

Q. Did you ever rap in the military?
A. Gurrlll no way!!! The military is very "plain" in everything. I never rapped. I was shy and quiet kinda ...

Q. So how did you get the name Sadie Hawkins?
A. It was really random actually. I mean I've been modeling here and there in ATL. One day this guy came in and was looking at some flicks I did for a photoshoot. He said he liked my style, and asked me if I was a rapper. He said I looked like a rapper kinda. I said no...because at the time I wasn't. He told me I reminded him of "Sadie Hawkins". I had no idea who she was til I looked her up and saw her old comic strips and stuff. She was in control...Sadie Hawkins was..and her style was on point. So ever since then I said ok ok...I'm Sadie Hawkins.

Q.Have you always been so extreme in your style!!!! You seem to think way outside the box...but in a fun , dope, retro-futuristic kinda way?
A.Thank you sooooo much!!!!  Yeah I've always been into bright colors!!! I love colors and being in the military I never had a chance to express myself thru my hair and clothing, but now ooohhh gurlllll I love changing my hair. I've had it all kinda of colors, styles...short on 1 side, long, ponytails...you name I've done it. I love expressing myself thru fashion. I've always been into fashion, modeling and all that!

Q.How have you managed to bust thru the gaps of the industry when it takes most people sometimes years to make that 1 good connect?
A. Well before I was rapping I knew I wanted to be part of the entertainment industry. I've always been into music and the whole entertainment scene. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do but I was running website magazine and dvd...Shine Magazine. It covered music, fashion and all industry type info. So thru that alone I had built up connects and networked with tons of people!

Q.How long were you in the Military?
A. I was actually in the Airforce for 3 years. I worked in medical, cardiology.

Q.Where exactly are you from?
A.Colombia, South Carolina!!!

Q. Your videos are Dope as fuggggggggg! Do you think of your own video treatments?
A. YES!!!! I'm a visionary! I see treatments inside of my head and I try to make my videos look exactly how I see them inside of my head! It's important for me. I can be a lil picky bout my videos...but hey..I'm an artist

Q.So the video Microphone Check...was your idea?
A. OMG!!! Yes...I love classic hip-hop. Like I wanted to pay homage to the rappers that were before me and other artists we have today.

Q. Was that video expensive to shoot, it looked very high in quality and the fashion was insane?
A. I worked with my budget...it's amazing how you can make your money stretch when you don't have a lot to work with. I can't wait til I have a bigger budget, but I love my videos..we work with what we have.

Q.Your still young, yet your music is a beautiful blend of old hip-hop and new hip-hop. What are some of your favorite rappers?
A. I dunno...I've always been into ol school hip-hop. Slick Rick, Mona Lisa...I love them..they paved the way.I love Nas and Drake too tho...I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!

Q. How is your new fame treating you, I mean when you to back to Colombia South Carolina do you get shown mad love, or are people baffled by how fast you blew up?
A.HAHAHAHAH Gurrrllllll I mean my hometown is always gonna show me love. I love my city, and yes sometimes it's kinda weird cuz girls...girls will be girls...and they try and act funny sometimes, but it's cool...mostly tho people are happy for me and support me. I mean of course people are gonna say things like "aint that such in such baby mama", or people swear they "know" me....but it's all good...I appreciate the support. Sometimes where you are from...is where people will hate on you the most. ATL shows me mad love tho...it's like my second home.

Q.I noticed you have some artwork on your body, do you regret any of your tattoos?
A. When I was in the military I wasn't really able to get any tats, but soon as I got out I went crazy lol...I've got my baby daddy name on me...I kinda regret it..but I won't have it removed...cuz he is a part of life ...I mean we created our daughter...so it ain't like I'ma ever forget him.....(*I feel that...I'm guilty as well)

Q. Is it hard being a parent and chasing your dream...at the SAME DAMN TIME?
A. Hell Yeah..I mean my daughter is my life..she is my world. She understands that I'm tryna make a better life for her. I came from the projects, and I refuse to be a product of my environment ...I'm showing her that you can chase and accomplish your dreams. One day I'ma be able to have her be with me and have the best tutors money can buy!

Q.Your from down south so I have to ask....Bojangles, or POPEYES?
A. Gurlllllll now you already know...POPEYES!!! I used to work at Bojangles...sooo I'ma roll with Popeyes. Those damn Chicken wraps, and red beans with rice...yeah that goes hard!!!

Q.What female mc's do you admire, or would love to collab with?
A.WHOA!!!! I adore Rhianna, of course Nicki Minaj I love her too, and EVE. I admire EVE the most. We are kinda similar ...she's like a pit bull in a dress, holding her own...People say I'm like that as well. Eve is dope cuz she was sexy but she could hold her own amongst hella dudes. Eve used to have the dopest lyrics!

Q. Do you ever feel pressured to have plastic surgery, to have a bigger bott or boobs?
A. NAW..well I mean sometimes people may suggest things like that...but I'm good with what I have..."no titties, no ass shots...I like what I got"

Q.Your independent right now, if you were going to be signed...what labels are attractive to you?
A. I would love to get signed...but I'm embracing being independent right now. I'm just getting out here and I love being independent because it gives me more negotiating power. But I love Maybach Music, and Kanyes G.O.O.D music...yeah I think I'd b a nice fit for them....it's no other like me.

Q. What are you looking forward to, events and shows coming up?
A. Mannnnn I can't wait to get out to SXSW next year. I'm real excited about that. I've got hella shows coming up. I've got a mixtape coming out called "Her-Story"...like "history"..but"Her-Story"...it gonna feature all old school hip hop beats...some new too, but mosty like retro....it's gonna be dope...ya'll gonna flip when you hear it!!

Q.If you were in the Olympics...what event would you win a Gold Medal in?
A. HAHAHAH my tall slim ass would mos def win a gold in swimming...I'm a pretty good swimmer.


Q. Any shoutouts you'd like to give before we go?
A.Yooooooo SHOUTOUT to YOUNG GOTTI... much love to Don Dada, my stylist Thickey Monroe,CASH OUT we coin hot music together damnnnnnn my lil girl, BIG HEFF and the whole NERVE DJ'S crew...they show me show so much love and support me sooooo much! OH!!! I can't forget SWAY...he's been down for me all the way!!!! Oh and all my fans!!!!!!

SADIWE HAWKINS and I continued to chop it up on the horn for damn near an hour afterwards. But it's all girl talk...and I can honestly say I love this girl!!!!! She's real, and strong, sexy, and focused. Ladies..when ya see her..don't hate...celebrate...cuz she's a real female...and she has resurrected female hip-hop...and for that...we should be thankful. So now when we find ourselves in a heated debate...of who is the hottest FEMALE MC out now...go on head n say SADIE HAWKINS..."I VOUCH FOR THAT" XOXO










                                             I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!!! SUPER DOPE!!!




           http://www.SadieHawkinsSC.net         
                  @SadieHawkinsSC

No comments: