WELCOME

WELCOME

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

H.Y.F.R

Yoooooooo!!!!! Sooooo last night I was lucky enough to be able to go to the Drake CLUB PARADISE TOUR! Let me just say this....it was FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!! The concert was held at Blossom Music Center. If you aren't from Cleveland let me describe Blossom to you. Blossom is an outside venue in the middle of nowhere basically in Ohio. It's a HUGE open space, with grassy knolls, and a GIGANTIC stage that's under a pavilion. When going to a concert at Blossom, people usually take a blanket to sit on the grass and hear their favorite musical artists. Me and my girl were lucky enough to score major tickets under the pavilion. (*100 bux + sum change, but totally worth it) The CLUB PARADISE TOUR was AMAZING! Not only was Drake there...but 2Chainz, French Montana, Meek Mill, J COLE,  and WAKA FLOCKA were all there riding together!!!! That's a lot of big name acts on one concert! I was thinking..."awww lawdy...someone is going to come up short at this concert". I was thinking that there was no way possible that all these big names would give great performances. *Yes I'm kicking myself right now...because I was mos def proved wrong! Walking in 2Chainz was already performing...it was early as hell and I was surprised that he was 1 of the first acts. By the time we had comfortably found our seats we had missed him. I overheard concert goers complaining about missing him as well. Have no fear tho....WAKA FLOCKA saved the day!!! Good Lawd does that guy have energy!!! He jumped out onto the stage, and it was only minutes until he eventually jumped into the crowd. Fuck way you heard bout WAKA FLOCKA...he was solo..well only like 1 security maybe 2 were walking with him...but he was open to his fans. He had the whole venue goin BANANAS! He was shacking his dreads, he was all the way TURNED UP!!!! WAKA FLOCKA literally went from one end of the pavilion to the other end...had the whole crowd walking with him. It was soooooo cool to see.
 J Cole ....I was excited to hear and see J Cole perform because I have never seen him live before. He did a cool ass set, I mean J Cole isn't your super get crunk kinda music guy, but he held his own, and his band was awesome!!
DRAKE and 2 CHAINZ
Ok Okkkkkk let me get to DRAKE. I heard a lot of things about DRAKE. I don't know him personally, I've always been a fan of his music, and damn Degrassi. I wasn't sure what to expect from him, but his concert was 1 of the most amazing concerts I've ever been to! His set was amazing! The lights were perfectly placed on him, and followed him wherever he went to on the stage. His guitarist is soooo OFFICIAL!!!!! Sheesh......I couldn't believe that Drake was so humble and personable with the crowd. He covered most...well damn near all of his songs....he presented the concert as if he was on his way out to a club, and we the crowd were riding with him. He told a story. He never was short of breath, tho he sweated a lot...he seemed physically in shape and ready. He didn't hate on any of the haters that we've heard taking shots at him and Young Money lately. But he let the crowd know....that "I don't give a fuck what people say, I just wanna make good music, fuck good pussy, maybe have some kids, maybe fall in love, and get money"...hell who doesn't want that? Watching DRAKE live, made me realize how much of an impact he has had on many our our lives and the entertainment world. DRAKE is soooo far outta the box that it's hard for another to be compared to him. One minute he was rapping , next minute he was singing. I usually cringe when a guy attempts to sing, but it's something about Drake's voice that I find comforting. No matter if your a guy or a girl, you can relate to the things Drake speaks or sings about. His concert lasted about an hour and a half. 2Chainz made the concert TURN UP when he came out with Drake, WAKA FLOCKA also was a crowd pleaser. Drake literally took about 20 mins...shoutin out people he saw in the crowd (*including myself *hehehe) He would point them out by the color they were wearing, or screaming etc. Usually that would make the concert "drag" but it didn't! It made it seem like he really noticed his fans, and appreciated everyone who came out to support him and his tour.
WAKA FLOCKA
Cell Phones in Da Air






  There were no fights, there were no "situations". Everyone was a fan that came out. It was beautiful to see so many people of so many different races, all at the same place for the same reason. You could tell that everyone felt the music from all of the performers. Although it was hot earlier in the day, the evening ended with a gentle cool breeze blowing across the venue. At first I was thinking that the 100 bux I shelled out was a bit much. But now after the concert that I went to...I almost felt liked I underpaid for the amount of entertainment I received. I lelt feeling warm inside....happy. I respect DRAKE so much more after the concert. He made me realize that it's still some artist out here that still do it for the love of their passion. WAKA FLOCKA did too! WAKA made middle age white people turn up! He seems to have a natural energy about him that is contagious. All in all it was a memorable event. I would do it all over again. Make sure you check out the  CLUB PARADISE TOUR! Check for dates! XOXO

No comments: