WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, July 26, 2012

DJ SWERVE PRESENTS SUMMER ROC!!!!!



Okkkkk...soooooo I just had to take a moment...(*bows head and prays). "Dear Lord, Thank you for blessing us with Dj SWERVE, who blessed us with the SUMMER ROC!!!Thank you for all the talented artists that performed, and thank you for all of the beautiful fans that attended. Lord I would also like to thank you for watching over all of us at ROC BAR...while we..PARTIED OUR FRIGGIN ASSES OFF!!!! AMEN!"

With that being said...Dj SWERVE did a spectacular job at throwing the event SUMMER ROC at ROC BAR. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw my ticket for the first time. I mean there were familiar names on the ticket...and then there were names of artists I had never heard of. Dj SWERVE managed to pull off something that I haven't seen in Fo-EVA *head roll finga snap! Dj SWERVE successfully gathered an eclectic mix of artists from Cleveland, Mentor, all over Ohio and surrounding states and cities. There were artists that literally came from PA! When I first walked into ROC BAR it was my 1st time ever being there. It looked like a Tiki Bar. One of the first things I noticed was that there were white people, black people, old people, young people, punk rockers, hipsters, hip hop heads, ragers....damn near any and every kind of person you could think of was inside the bar. Of course it was similar to H.S. Ya know....everyone kinda hanging out in their own "groups" or "clicks". As soon as the performances started tho...everyone seemed to mesh together. Of course people were kinda looking around, not really nervous like....but more "curious" like. I can't speak on anyone else's behalf...but some music I had never heard before, but Dj SWERVE managed to make the whole crowd feel comfortable...united as 1. By the time the show was coming to a close...everyone..that seemed "different", "unusual", or out of their element...was incredibly jumping together, laughing, raging, dancing, and bobbing their heads to all the different music. Dj SWERVE wasn't just a "Dj" that day. He was a host, dj, hype man, and director. I had 1 of the BEST TIMES of my summer that day at SUMMER ROC. I felt like I was at a festival of some sort (minus the festival food...oh gawd I love festival food) Dj SWERVE isn't like some dj's. You know the dj's that scream all thru the artists set, or attempt to "steal the show" themselves.
Dj SWERVE honestly played the back, he pumped out the music, he made sure all the artists were comfortable, lighting was great, crowd was amped, and he seemed to keep his cool throughout the whole show. It was awesome to see so many different acts perform back to back. The shows line-up was perfect. Sometimes when you put similar acts back to back...the crowd becomes bored. Yet Dj SWERVE made sure the line-up was mixed up. There was hip-hop, rock, jamaican music, live band sets etc. It made you want to stick around and see who and what was about to happen next.The ROC BAR was a perfect venue for SUMMER ROC. With it's tiki feel and outdoor patio access it made the experience that more comfortable. A lot of times people will randomly throw shows together, with no substance or quality. Dj SWERVE made sure to dot his I's and cross his T's. With t's and mix tapes being sold, it wasn't like "buy me buy me"...it was more like "oohhh I need to cop that, cuz... I love this experience".
I love beautiful things, and beautiful people. Dj SWERVE had one of the most beautiful events that day for SUMMER ROC. I love seeing so many different walks of life enjoying themselves together. That's how music should be. After some of the performances, I witnessed people exchanging numbers, twitter names, emails, mix tapes etc. Not only was it a concert, it was an amazing networking event as well. Dj SWERVE isn't'  the type of guy that boasts or brags. He is very humble and I can tell that he honestly does what he does...for the love of music. I can't wait to see what Dj SWERVE has up his sleeve next. Whatever it may be...I will be there...and so should you!!! XOXO



http://www.mediafire.com/?ppix7uvbxptct9x
http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks             
For Bookings musicalswerve@gmail.com
@_DJSWERVE_

No comments: