WELCOME

WELCOME

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

MOLEY FILMS....LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!!!!

"Long as you remain relevant, and consistent
you will work with everyone"

 Okkkkkkkk....sooooo I've never really thought of Cleveland as being a local "tinsel town". That is until recently...when Emo Mosley decided to take over the city! As Cleveland begins to grow... no longer the lil city in the midwest....demand for big city "luxuries" are at an all time high! With a flock of new artists emerging, Emo Mosley has successfully locked the music video game down. Not to mention (*but i will) he has managed to to do all the work that usually takes a whole team...by himself(*at the same damn time). Only 25 years young, and Emo Mosley seems unstoppable...less than 1 year in the game . Let's get a few things straight before I introduce you to Cleveland's"Leading Man". Emo Mosley is not your average "I got a camera, I'ma shoot ya video, low budget, sucky quality, geeky director". This guy graduated from SHAW H.S. He reps East Cleveland, but his name is respected  city to city. Not only is he educated with the  street smarts...he's book smart as well, and artistic (*can you say triple threat) dude actually attended Toledo University, where he studied computers and business. So hell yeah...it would be understandable how some people feel intimidated by Emo Mosley's success. I mean Emo Mosley has worked with damn near every artist in Cleveland...and yes...I really mean damn near every artist (*numbers don't lie) When I met Emo Mosley at a show at Phantasy a while back...I admit...I was a lil "local celebrity star struck".I mean I had heard hella good sh*t about MOLEY FILMS . Here he was to shoot Lil Ced from Nerdswag Ent.  Emo Mosley was extra quiet. I mean I don't even think dude said a word. He was totally focused, like "look I came here to do what I do". I noticed him checkin his phone constantly. I mean dude's phone traffic was ridiculous! All business propositions! Emo Moley had 3 video shoots lined up that night, and he was on time and professional for all of them! He's so about his business, he will look at his watch and basically say "uuhh times up, i gotta get to my next shoot".  Listening to him, he runs a tight ship. Striaght to the point...no time to play around.
When I first met Emo MosleyI was like whoa! He's very smooth... smooth dark skin, the fattest lineup, I mean dude was crisp from his head to his freakin shoes. I would say mos def "Classy". At times he may come across as "cocky, arrogant, or unapproachable", but wouldn't you be if you were your own number 1 fan. Especially if you've accomplished all that he has in such a short amount of time? I decided to give Emo Mosley a chance to introduce himself to Sparkplugent and let the city know...all about MOLEY FILMS!



Q.  You have really made a huge impact on the city of Cleveland, what made you decide to get into film?
A. I've always been a person, that wanted to give the people what they want. I noticed that people were attempting to do videos. Once I noticed that I thought to myself "damn...I could do that so much better". Whenever I see someone doing something....I automatically know...I can do it better.

Q. How long have you been shooting film?
A. A lil more than 6 months.

Q. How many videos do you think you've produced in that time?
A. Wow...uhhhhhh..sheesh...I dunno...a lil more than 60. Maybe between 60-70 videos. That includes commercials, documentaries, videos, trailers etc.

Q. What's your favorite movie...since you make movies?
A. Let's see......I really dig that new movie TED".....oh..and STEP BROTHERS...I love that damn movie, it's hilarious!!!! (*shoutout to Fancy Sauce)

Q.How did you become part of the LEGIT PAPER/ DEF JAM team?
A. Ha....well...mostly via word of mouth. Almost all my connections have been thru word of mouth. Ray actually approached me on the humble. I just happen to be starting film work and that's what he needed at the time. It was the opportunity of a lifetime to be able to work with LEGIT PAPER. I mean not only was I given a chance to work with Ray and the whole team, but since they linked the deal with Def Jam it's opened a lot of doors for all of us. I do most of LEGIT PAPER/Def Jam photography, videos, trailers...anything the team needs. LEGIT PAPER/Def Jam is solid so we do a lot of out of state tours, and a lot of local tours as well. I love shooting videos for my team, cuz the whole city comes out and supports. LEGIT PAPER/Def Jam..we out here working! We are in the process of shooting a real movie called "ELECTED".



Q.What is the name of your production company?
A. Moley Inc.


Q. Where is your office or studio located?
A. Downtown Cleveland. It's more like a studio, photography headquarters...I like to call it my HEADQUARTERS.

Q. With you being as busy as you are do you have anyone else working with you and your company?
A.Naw.....Nope...it's just me right now. Don't get me wrong....I would one day  like to build a solid team...but...it seems like sum people only wanna work...if they see it's something in it for them, most people don't wanna be part of a team, they are only concerned about themselves. so right now...I'm a 1 man team...no middle man ya dig.


Q.I heard you like to travel. When you do travel is it a habit that you take your camera everywhere?
A. Hell Yeah! I keep my camera with me...you never know when you might have a "moment" to capture.

Q.For you to only have been in the industry for less than a year, you've managed to work with some big name people and labels....would you name a few?
A. Yeah...I linked a deal with Deathrow Records recently. I have some stuff going on with Universal, I'm working with Phatty Banks (Cleveland Legend)...and I work with hella artists in Cleveland.

Q.What is your number 1 "pet peeve" you have when an artist request your services?
A. LOLOL I don't wanna sound like an asshole...but....when they don't have their money up. Getcha money up...then we can talk. I'm not working for free. I mean I always say...if your doing something we can network, or swap services. You know...if you make t's, or music etc...we can talk...I'm all about networking.

Q.How would you describe your style of film?
A. I dunno....I like to think outside the box. I try my best to have the best interpretation of the artist come across as real and artistic.I'm a director at heart...sometimes it's hard for me to share my visions...I am selfish with my visions at times...because I know they are the sh*t.

Q.Since shooting videos for many artists, what advice would you give to these females trying to be in videos?
A. I would say...you aint gotta get naked to be in a video. You don't have to  take off your clothes. I mean go hard...but you don't have to actually be in the paint. Do something different to stand out. Make the world know you. I try and show everyone support.

Q.Some people think you have an attitude....why?
A. Hahahah cuz I've been around, book smart and street smart...it's difficult to pull a fast one on me...I recognize bullshit from a mile away.

Q. If an artist is looking for high quality video work from ou what can they expect?
A. I'm bout my business, I'm professional and an artist. I've invested a lot into my equipment, name and headquarters. Expect nothing less than the best.





                                     




MOLEY FILMS is indeed an important fixture in the city of CLEVELAND. With new music popping up everyday, you will most likely be blessed by production work from EMO MOSLEY. If you are an artist he is  mos def a contact you should keep on file. All of his work is nothing less than that of high quality. In such a short amount of time EMO MOSLEY has managed to turn Cleveland into "CLEVELANDWOOD"....andddddddddd......ACTION!!!! XOXO


30114924@facebook.co

 twttier.com/moleyboi            

youtube moboi007

No comments: