WELCOME

WELCOME

Monday, March 18, 2013

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW EST19XX DUB-O "DO I KNOW YOU?" LACE UP!!!!




http://tinyurl.com/bvgyz8w
Okkkkkk Soooooo it's not uncommon to hear random people scream "LACE THA FU*K UP"!!! I mean... I have been in the most random of random places and have heard people scream the infamous phrase. I'm talkin rapid station, middle of  movie, standing in line at the grocery store, and mos def late at night on W.6th in downtown CLEVELAND! I mean over the past few years, "LACE THE FU*K UP" has become a part of everyday life....like drinking water, reading sparkplugent*headroll fingasnap, or flexin in XL. "EST"is a movement, and with any movement there is an army...sure we've all heard of MGK, and while he is well respected, LACE UP has a new solider moving up to to the forefront. DUB-O has patiently waited his turn for the mic, and now he is ready to be introduced...meet DUB-O!!!!




Q. Sooooooo Where in Cleveland are you from?
A. I'm from all over Cleveland...E.131, Harvard area, Quincy....

Q.What High School did you attend?
A. East High and Kennedy

Q.Where was the video footage for "Same OL" shot?
A. Haaaaaaaa most of the footage came from when the whole Lace Up took a party bus to Detroit for an event. It was the 1st time we had a big ass party bus so we were clowning.

Q. How did you hook up with Cody Films?
A. Honestly....I saw him on twitter and I hit him up, back then he was shooting videos for tha low...like $50....but now...lololol....yeah he's probably taxin a lil bit more.

Q.You seem like you have a lil twang when you sang, how'd you get that singing voice? Where you part of a church choir or something lol?
A. Ha! Mannnnn actually....I was! Growing up I had no choice but to go to church, my mama mos def made sure I went to church. I grew into like weird sounds, I was always kinda singing. My grandfather is actually part of a real life music group...called The Rance Allen Group....oh yeah...go on head in google em.

Q.Where is the best place you look forward to going when you come home to Cleveland?
A. My mama's house!!!!! Yup I'm straight to my mama's house. I mean I like to ride thru the streets in jus kinda get a feel...ya kno....

Q.What were you doing before music?
A. I was actually doing factory jobs, I worked in a steel factory...or should I say I was slaving away in a steel factory, lifting heavy coils and metals ....

Q.How do you keep your independence within EST.?
A. I mean we are a family, but ya kno, I jus started doing my own shows, my own events, the whole EST label supports each other tho...

Q.You could have had hella features on your new mixtape. Why didn't you?
A.I wanted to jus showcase mysef and my talent. I mean yeah I could have had MGK all over it, or other people as well, but I really wanted people to know me, hear  me.....I mean of course Kells jumped on a track cuz that's my brother...but yeah I wanted ya'll to hear me. Show the world that I can stand on my own 2 feet, all attention on me lol, I wanted to expose myself.

Q.How do you feel about male groupies?
A. Haaaaaaa well....ok i aint gon front like I don't know what you are talkin bout.I mean especially with the EST movement, we get guys that try and be seen, or kinda ride with us...but you know, I don't really be that mad cuz I remember once when those same dudes were us, tryna get our music played...so I can kida feel em....it's awkward but I get what they are tryna do....

Q.Do you think Cleveland music is divided?
A. No, not really the music...more like the people are divided, but it's been that way for awhile...people need to be united, the more people, the more power.

Q.1 Of your lines is "Gotta couple fans in the bleachers now"? What do you mean?
A. HA! I us mean, people know me now, I actually have fans, my own fans....I've got people cheering for me...this is all new to me....people like me lol!

Q. What does the tat across your chest say?
A.CLEVELAND BOUND

Q.What's your favorite music to ride and smoke to?
A. Uhhhhhhh....ummmmmm...damn that's a good question.....naw fuck dat...my music lol...yeah my mixtape, I think to myself...damn...I sound good!

Q.What's your favorite shell to roll up with?
A. SWISHER SWEET, maybe White Owl...I started with Swishers...so I kinda stuck with them....

Q. Swishers dont rip easy to you?
A. Nawwwww you be gettin those stale shells lol, you gotta go to Dairymart off 123rd, or SPEEDY's...yeah those 2 places will get you right, they keep fresh shells on deck.

Q.You just recently had a show at the GROG SHOP, how was that?
A. Mannnnnnn it was fucking awesome!!!! I mean it was packed, Ray was there, I had Canadians, people flew in from Miami, and Kells came thru....nobody knew he was even in the building, it was insane, we showed out! I mean...the show felt good, I had alot of support!

Q. How would you describe team loyalty?
A. NEVER BACKING DOWN! Aint no switching jerseys, even if shit fails, you cant switch jerseys. If your friend becomes handicapped, then it's up to you to wipe their ass...no homo..flat out!

Q.If you had to form your own Rap Dream Team who would have? Past or Present?
A. Get Rich Or Die Trying 5o cent, Underground Chamillonaire, and T.I., man underground Chamillionaire used to bang...I respect that dude to tha fullest..

Q.Have you always been into fashion?
A. Yeah I mean I dig fashion, but I jus kinda got into my own fashion.

Q. How did FOOLIE T-s  concept come about?
A. I really did it for the fans, to give them something. I never really knew it would take off like it did....

Q. What does "FOOLIE" represent?
A. It's like a lil saying we all say, its going by what life brings me, it's sum cool shit I kinda ran with. Like a freestyle lifestyle....

Q. I heard you say "I'm sauced up in that A-1? Do you like it saucy?
A. Hahahahahahahah   hell yeah lol, I say that cuz it's like extra swag, like I walk in like "who's dat nigga for the special steak"....A-1 is like the extra swag on a steak lololol...that's me, matter fact...I've got steak cooking in the kitchen right now lol......

DUB-O....is Laced Up, and ready to show the world exactly who he is. With his whole EST fam behind him, and the support of his die hard fans, DUB-O is mos def deserving of all the success off of his mixtape "Do I Know You"...strategically orchestrated, sealed and polished DUB-O...is sauced up in that A-1!!! His catchy delivery, witty laid back personality, patience, and original artistic talent cant be denied. Holding down his whole mixtape, by himself....he proves he jus may  be able to lead his army. That's that "Same Ol"....XOXO









@DuBz216

@bigheff

http://www.youtube.com/dubz216 

 http://www.facebook.com/DubOMusic             

No comments: