WELCOME

WELCOME

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FOR THE LOVE OF 3's

If you didn't already know....Im a HUGE sneakerhead. I've always been one since I was a kid. Yes I was the kid cutting class, just to hit up Randall Park Mall and cop a pair of the freshest J's.  I will admit, I got sum of the fattest ass whoopings for cutting school....but  it was worth it at the time. My ass might have hurt...but my feet sure did look good afterwards (*headroll finga snap). Now that I'm grown...I still get excited with re-releases of sneakers...especially J's. Maybe it's the memories of childhood...saving chore money...or pathetically begging my mom for days, sometimes weeks for the latest pair. Sneakers are like a universal bond that connects strangers, music, art, sports and everyday life. There used to be nothing better than having a group of friends... hovered over a crumpled Eastbay catalog...picking out sneakers...talking shit...cappin about all the sneakers you were gonna have on your birthday. Think about it...when were  young...usually the first gift to give or receive ...to signify your "relationship"...was a pair of sneakers. Like "yoooooo my girl just bought me some J's", or "girlllll he must love me, he bought me some sneakers".

Over the years there have been many sneakers I might have liked...but til this day the AIR JORDAN CEMENT 3's (black) are and will...always be my favorite sneaker EVER! I will never forget when I saw Michael Jordan wear them in the 1988 Dunk Championship. Spike Lee used to rock them when he was clowning as "Mars Blackmon". Sure I've seen other colors...but the black is my favorite. Maybe its the Jumpman Logo...maybe its cuz they are durable. If I happen to do the unthinkable...and scuff my Jordan's...its not that noticeable. But God forbid I do that...scuffing my sneaker is like scratching my heart. When I found out that they were re-leasing the 3's..I felt like life was complete for a moment. I tell people all the time..."If you don't do anything in life....please respect my sneakers...especially my J's". If you are a collector of retros or anything worth something...these CEMENT 3's are a must have. XOXO

2 comments:

Nathan Newton said...

you bring back memories... make me wanna go get a fresh pair of kicks...

Anonymous said...

Pure dopeness