WELCOME

WELCOME

Thursday, May 10, 2012

IT'S GETTIN HOT IN CLEVELAND...#2

Now that the actual release day is over for the much anticipated #HotInCleveland2 Mixtape hosted by the 1and Only...Dj Steph Floss, I feel more comfortable posting it for you. Don't get me wrong...I Aint Neva Scared *Bone Crusher voice. It's just that Cleveland is filled with a lot of "emotional", "passionate" people...and 1 thing Clevelanders do not play around with is... Cleveland Music. In order for you to understand what I'm saying, or how I'm feeling...you will need to understand Cleveland Music. Cleveland ...to me...is finally breaking ground as a  big "major city" for the music industry. Don't get me wrong, our city has made good music in the past *pause* I already know who you are gonna say ... "Bone Thugs N Harmony"...we get it ...ok. No disrespect to Bone cuz I love em to death. But Im speaking about Cleveland Music that's been hitting for the last 5 years. We found so much joy and happiness when Ray Cash was able to carry the torch for Cleveland artists, or when Al Fatz "Came Down" and when Ray Jr. became the "MAYOR".Young Shank and Paper Chase paved the way for artists reppin their hoods, and when Chip Tha Ripper threw up the SLAB, and MGK made us all "Wild Boys"...we felt as if Cleveland was finally on the map...respected and appreciated.
What can I say....Cleveland is a love n hate kinda city. Like I said, emotions run high, probably because it's a lot of hungry artists out here all trying to get their foot in the same door. There is only a small window of opportunity.The ratio of labels, and artists is unbalanced. So you can't blame people for being aggressive, emotional or even at times left feeling under-rated. Which brings me back to  HIC2. When I heard Dj Steph Floss was releasing another mixtape...I was thinking..."Man...Dj Steph Floss has some big kahunas". I mean thats a HUGE responsibility for 1 man. Imagine being Steph...and having damn near every artist in the city of Cleveland...constantly hitting you up, blowing you up, emailing , tweeting, face booking, probably following him to the gas station...just to try and have their music heard and hopefully get a slot on  the HIC2 mixtape. That's hella music to go thru! I trust Dj Steph Floss's palette for music. I mean he does always come with the hot new music for us to hear, *don't try and deny it. If it wasn't for him some of us would  be lost like it's still 2010.
When the mixtape was released I kinda felt like everyone was trying to see if they made the roster. Some artists did, and of course some didn't. Hell thats life. In the end I feel like Dj Steph Floss did an AWESOME job...putting together the music and artists for Cleveland to enjoy. I've learned early in life...no matter what you say or do, you will never be able to make everyone happy. I've listened to HIC2 numerous times, and I can honestly say I RESPECT IT. Some people may have been overheard whining about the roster, or asking questions of "why didn't I make it"....people shouldn't think like that. Get on ya grind! It's not just about making hot music. @TROPIKANA once said "What's the point of making hot music, if no one will ever hear it?" I respect Dj Steph Floss for taking on the challenge. Cleveland is a tough city to please. I love my city. I love all the artists trying to make it in this city, and I mos def respect the grind, and with that being said...I hope you listen to HIC2 with an open ear for music. If you didn't make the mixtape keep pushing. Don't knock the next man, and make sure you give Dj Steph Floss a round of applause for his contribution to Cleveland music . You are probably wondering..."Jenny Pooh, what's our favorite track on HIC2?" #14 @EzWhiteWG, @KizzyWG and @Pheens "We Got Now"XOXO


http://indy.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/16765/hot_in_cleveland_2.html



No comments: